If you’ve been considering getting a home security surveillance system, consider the following:
“It will never happen to me”, we’ve probably said to ourselves. Unfortunately there is no way to ever tell that it will happen to you, but the numbers are not good.
- Ensure that you lock all windows and doors before leaving the house and make sure that all locks are in working order.
- Locks have a limited lifespan so replace those that have seen better days.
- Keep valuable items away from windows.
- Burglars spend an average of 8 minutes in a home, so make sure that small items such as jewelry, iPods, cameras and laptops are hidden away.
- Don’t leave a key outside.
- Install a home security system
For an affordable alternative to the big chains in home security systems, try a DIY version like the one below. Click the image for more information.